Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Need to Have My Testicles Checked

This was how we had our physical exams before we left the refugee camp for the US. The only
difference was there was only one female doctor sitting at the desk while we one by one passed by her for only a genital check.

Now, I'm on the other end checking men' genitals. The genital part is OK, but I don't like checking prostates. Not all men keep things clean.

The funny thing is a lot of the men are funny when it comes to checking their genitals. I guess they are just shy. I always tell them what I would do and why I needed to do it. A lot of them either ask me if they should drop their pants down or just stand right in front of my face while I'm sitting on my stool and resist dropping their pants down. Each time like that, I could not help but smile and say, "Well, how am I going to check you, now, with your pants on?" Usually, that would break the ice.

Some of them are so funny though; they slowly pull their pants down then slowly resist pulling their boxers down then hide their penises a little bit at the end. But there are some with big penises who would just volutarily drop their pants the moment I requested and didn't even want to pull up their pants when done as if to say: "Here it is; I'm proud of it."

Then, there are some who would just stand so close to my face. As I move back, they move forward. I am farsighted now, I need to stay back a little to see it clearly! Actually, I don't have to. But, a lot of times, these men are unkempt, and I do not at all want to be close to their penises. Why couldn't they just take a shower if they knew they were going to have a physical? That is not a man scent that I enjoy...sigh!

Then, there are some who would just plainly refuse the examination. Well, the more power to you. All I have to do is document your refusal and move on to the next patient. Well, yesterday, there was one who stood on the fence deciding whether or not he would let me examine his precious parts. Good grief, make up your mind! I have other patients to see. It turned out that he had a very small penis. AND, his testicles were as tiny as those of a two-year-old child. That's a good reason to be shy. But, why wouldn't you want your doctor to check and help you? That's crazy. Surely, it's not normal. He told me his previous doctor from somewhere didn't say anything about it. I was glad I checked him out.

It's important to get your prostate and testicles checked. I think Jim is due for one. I am due for one, too. Actually, I don't want my prostate checked. I only want my testicles checked, very carefully...and extensively checked. But, I don't have time to go to the doctor. What am I to do? I got it. I have to train Jim to check them for me. Yes.

3 comments:

  1. This was a fascinating post. I have never considered the doctor's viewpoint when my junk is in his face.

    Good grief, why would anyone not be immacutlately clean when going in for a physical? I shower at least three times before going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Bill...

      And T: With my new doctor (female) the prostate exam was a little uncomfortable. But when I asked her (before the exam) if there was going to be any fore-play, she giggled, as did her assistant... They both know I am gay...

      Delete
  2. This post made me chuckle. And I'm with Bill & Tom . . . I can't believe people don't clean up.

    My last physical, the assistant told me to strip to my undies in the exam room before the doc came in. Then, for the prostate, the Doc had me lie on his exam table, on my side, facing the wall. I think I must have had to pull my knees up . . . anyway, TMI. The great part was, I didn't have to look at him while he did his thing. He explained everything ahead of doing it. It worked out fine.

    ReplyDelete